The photos say it all. Never do I pick up a recipe book and directly measure out every ingredient and copy it to the letter. I simply re-create every piece into something of my own and use whatever I have in the pantry. Let me explain. I found a moist carrot cake recipe which looked very easy to make then I went exploring in my very own pantry to see what I could find. I had tremendous fun too. Oh and by the way I do plan on creating my very own master chef pantry that I walk in and everything imaginable is at my finger tips. :) Anyway as I was saying in my own pantry I came across all these wonderful ingredients and thought yeah why not. I started adding to my cake mixture, which was originally a very basic one must I add. In went the coconut, a handful of every nut I had, (walnuts, cashew nuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds etc), shredded dried mangoes, apricots and pineapple as well as all the typical ingredients of the flour, baking powder etc. It was overflowing out of the cake tin and the smell was very aromatic and divine as it spent an hour and a half in the oven. Iced and with a few nuts sprinkled as desired Another winner with this very moist, sensationally chunky carrot cake.
Presentation completely different second time round :)
As per above photo
No comments:
Post a Comment